Saturday, April 13, 2019

Hurry up and Wait

So I had to pause for a bit to job hunt in another state, but now its just waiting on the background check to clear.

Having procured and resized the plans for the C-130 (which I found out after they arrived were for an A model, Doh!), I have handed them off to my dad who has a laser cutter. In spite of our best efforts, the scan I did of the plans was unusable on the cutter. Like, instead of one solid cut per piece, its like a thousand little dots. Sooo... he’s been copying the plans for the frames by hand in a vector graphics program. We’ve been going back and forth with input and slight changes; like not needing the cutouts for controls or fuel lines. While he’s been doing that, I got a jumbo sheet of 1/8 thick plywood from Home Depot, got it cut down to usable pieces. As soon as he gets a work file and starts cutting, ya’ll get to see some WIP shots of stuff going together.

On another tack, I got the 2nd edition book for SAGA and of course, the Viking book. I’ve always loved digging into Vikings and their mythology. They make for fun reading if you get the right book. Wrong book and like all history, its gets mighty boring. I’m not sure what factions to get just yet, but I’m going to have to do a little digging; I plan on getting a figures that can be used in hopefully two factions, so I can start playing with some of the easier factions, then shift to more complicated ones later.

Also on my horizon is a giant box of 28mm miniatures from the Sash and Saber Kickstarter. I already have a stash of Rogers Rangers and French Marines from Cavalcade Wargames, so I’m just adding on to those. I backed at the $200 level, and then added a few packs afterwards. I could have gone nuts and gotten a bit of everything, but I kept it to just building off the miniatures I have. I did add some regulars and light infantry/militia, a unit of Highland Grenadiers, officers for all of them, and also some artillery pieces. I’ll more then enough figures to do skirmishes, but also enough to do larger battles too.

While looking for a work, I also found a game store right in town. So on the rare days I’ll have off, I’ll be trying to duck down to it for a game. I might even take my twins to learn some too.

No comments:

Post a Comment